Thursday, December 22, 2011

One-Minute Nutella Cake

Throughout the blogosphere, I've discovered the joys of "One-Minute" microwave cakes. My tastebuds danced in delight (as my waistline grew weary!). These cakes are truly amazing. They're little one-pot wonders that help curb even the most intense dessert craving.

This dessert combines one of my favorite ingredients - Nutella, with a moist and delicious cake. I could eat this every night of my life!



One-Minute Nutella Cake

4 tablespoons self-raising flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons nutella
3 tablespoons skim milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
1 egg
Nonstick Spray

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk lightly with a fork until combined and smooth. Pour into an oversized microwave safe mug or ramekin that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.

Microwave for a minute watching as the cake rises in the mug, stopping if it is about to overflow and continuing a couple of times for 10 second intervals till cooked. [Don't be tempted to overcook. The cake virtually finishes cooking in that first 1 minute rise]

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment