Thursday, April 21, 2011

Peanut Butter Blossoms

Every so often, my husband has what I call "psychic moments." I don't know if it's a product of living with me for a while now or just random coincidence, but sometimes it's pretty freaky! Case and point...last week I came across a recipe for Peanut Butter Blossoms and thought they would be the perfect surprise for him since usually the only cookies he gets are the ones I deem too "ugly" to give to someone else.

That very same night, he comes home and says, "I've been thinking...can you make some peanut butter cookies? The ones with the Hershey kiss in it? That sounds good...."

WHAT?! I've never, EVER made these cookies. How could he have picked the exact cookie that I wanted to surprise him with?! I have no idea...therefore he must be psychic. Regardless, I made them and they were worth it! These are truly amazing and perfect for gifting (or hoarding them yourself!) Enjoy!




Peanut Butter Blossoms


1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/3 c. sugar (plus more for rolling)
1/3 c. light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 & 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
Hershey's Kisses (I needed about 30)

Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375.

Using the paddle attachment, beat the butter and peanut butter until blended. Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add in the egg through vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. Add in the flour in 3 additions. Scrape the bottom and side of bowl as needed.

Place extra granulated sugar on a plate. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the sugar.

Place coated dough balls on the parchment-lined sheets. Bake cookies until the are a very light golden color, about 10 minutes. (Meanwhile, unwrap the kisses.)

Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately place a kiss on top of each hot cookie, pressing down slightly. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment