Thursday, July 22, 2010

Almond Joy Truffles

When I saw these truffles, I just knew I had to make them. Almond Joy candy bars are irresistible to me and I have to have one or two...or twelve. I have even been known to raid Halloween bags for them. So although these truffles were my first attempt at making any kind of truffle, the recipe seemed easy enough. Thankfully, they turned out great and taste really close to the candy bar!

With 5 simple ingredients, a little messy rolling, and BAM! Heaven in a ball. These went really fast at my last get-together and my husband even found the ones I was hiding in the back of the fridge. (I have to find a new hiding place!!) Try these out as a special treat or a gift - they stand up really well to packing and storing.



Almond Joy Truffles

1/3 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter
8 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
20 salted almonds, whole
1 1/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut, toasted*

In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, heat cream and butter until hot. Turn heat off, and stir in chocolate until melted. Chill chocolate in the freezer or refrigerator until firm (about 2 hours). Roll chocolate into 20 balls and place almonds in the centers of them. Roll truffles into coconut.

*To toast the coconut, place in a dry skillet over medium heat. Stir occasionally but keep your eye on it. As the moisture is drawn out of the coconut, it will turn a beautiful golden brown.

Makes 20 truffles

Adapted slightly from Sugar Plum

No comments:

Post a Comment